2017 wasn’t as productive as I’d hoped it would be, writing-wise. I was too focused on getting my GPA where it needed to be (and still am) and finding a decent co-op job. I didn’t finish any of my WIP, and barely glanced at my completed works. However, I can’t say I didn’t do anything noteworthy last year, either!
– A Twisted Christmas got featured on wattpad’s Home for the Holidays reading list, which still blows my mind.
– My academic standing is better than ever after changing to a Global Studies major! It’s been super great. I even got on the Dean’s List!
– I got an internship! More on that in another post. ;>
– Planned and outlined one of the books I’ve been wanting to write; Candy Pop Corpse! I’ll talk more about that once its kinks are sorted out.
– This isn’t much, but I also supported my favorite artists a lot more openly. Buying CDs still feels amazing.
Now, for 2018:
Honestly, I feel like if I make goals with a deadline I’ll be more likely to procrastinate depending on what it is. So I won’t call these resolutions, but just things I hope to do.
– Edit a completed work because there are so many things wrong with my first drafts.
– Reach the climax of my newest work. I’m aching to write it down.
– Read something. I just need to.
– Stay on track with uni. All I have is me, after all! (Plus my academic advisor, career counselor, professors, peers…)
Even if I don’t get some of those done, the important thing is I attempted. Better than nothing, I’d say. Happy 2018!